Respite care is a short-term service provided to individuals who are unable to care for themselves because of the absence or relief of persons who normally provide care. Respite care can be given in a variety of settings when reflected in the Person-Centered Individualized Support Plan (PCISP) including the participant’s residence, the caregiver’s home, a camp setting, a day habilitation facility (approved by DDRS), or a non-private residential setting.
- Assistance with toileting, feeding, grooming, and personal hygiene
- Assistance with daily living activities, including accessing the community and taking part in community activities
- Meal preparation, including serving and cleanup
- Administration of medications
- Individual and/or Group services
NOTE: There are no set limits on the amount of Respite care which may be utilized by a recipient